Sunday, April 26, 2009

Two weeks to go til Tri

My first tri of the season will be the Kinetic Sprint Tri on May 10 at Lake Anna, VA. With two weeks to go I am trying to figure out what would be the best use of my training time. I have this next week to go at it hard but then I'll need to do some tapering during the week before the race. So far this spring I've only done one bike/run brick and think it might be a good idea to do one more. That would have to be next weekend. I also have the opportunity to do an open water swim (OWS) in Sunday May 3. I should probably definitely do this. The water is guaranteed to be cold but I know that it will also be cold on race day so this would be especially good practice. Of course, if it doesn't go well I'll be worrying that much more about the race swim.

I used this weekend for a hard bike ride yesterday and a long but lower intensity run today. It was unseasonably hot here so it was all a bit harder than usual. I think I was a bit dehydrated when I started the ride so that didn't help at all.

Last year this race took place in a cool, pouring rain. I certainly didn't need to worry about overheating but I'm definitely hoping for better, dryer weather this year.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in these last two weeks! I've had to train after dark in this crazy heat.

    ReplyDelete